Free Legal Assessment

Bezpłatne Porady Prawne

alt textalt textalt textalt textalt textalt text

Can I change my solicitor or lawyer?

Sometimes legal claims do not go smoothly.

Roughly 2 or 3 times a year, I receive a telephone call from an injured person who already has a solicitor acting for them and is considering changing.

Such clients sometimes say the following:

If you are in one of the situations described above, then I will be perfectly happy to speak to you on a "no obligations" basis.

Realistically, not all claims can (or should) be transferred

Sometimes the true picture turns out to be one of the following:

On the other hand, if the solicitor is indeed failing to conduct the case effectively enough, then the request to change solicitors is perfectly reasonable.

In summary, I always have to check everything carefully, before finally agreeing to accept the transfer of your claim.

Steps to transfer your claim

If it is genuinely appropriate to change your solicitor or lawyer, then the following steps are required:

Transferred case: Example 1

I previously took over a personal injury claim from a firm of solicitors in Sheffield. The main features of the case were the following:

Transferred case: Example 2

I have recently taken over a motorcycle accident claim, on behalf of a client in Hastings. The main features of the case are as follows:


I run most of my personal injury claims on a "No Win No Fee" basis, using the Law Society's standard model conditional fee agreement, or CFA.

I look forward to hearing from you, if you wish to change your solicitor or lawyer.

• Back to home page •

For more information about the rights of individuals at work, see the websites of the Trades Union Congress, the Citizens Advice Bureau and
APIL, the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers | Member of The Law Society | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Add URL
© 2014 Boris Kremer, personal injury solicitor | Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority | reg. no. 161445